Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shopping at North Park

One of Steve's producer clients gave me a generous gift card to Baby Gap, and I decided, what better place to redeem it than the North Park Gap?  I love that mall anyway, but this time of year, at Christmas, it is a spectacular sight.  They have Christmas trees all over the mall, live music (piano), children's choir (my eyes got all watery because I started imagining Emily singing in one - we are hoping she'll have a musical ear and singing voice like her Grandfather Vladimir, my Dad....we'll see...)   In the middle of the mall, everything is set up for Train Rides and puppet shows.  Emily was mesmerized.  She stared at all the lights, cooed and "talked" non stop, and soooo many people came up to us and commented on how cute she was :)  (Extra bonus).

Here are a couple of pics!  The trip was super successful because we got the cutest outfits for Emily for when she is older (I decided to get her things she can "grow into" as opposed to things for "now" that she will outgrow in a month.)  Thanks for the card, Beaird and Boone Productions!!  :)

Mimi at the Coach window:
 


My two favorite girls :)


One of the MANY Christmas trees:


Emily loved that Santa hanging from the ceiling by Tiffany's:




Some ladies from the local retirement home dressed all festive (their exact words) and decided to take a holiday stroll through the mall.  Mom and I admired their hats and they gladly posed for a picture!



This fountain had live baby ducks and a turtle!



More Christmas trees:


When we got home, Daddy was home from his long trip to Oklahoma - he finished shooting a Chesapeake Energy commercial in Oklahoma City.  Grandad was Daddy's ride home so he was there, too!  Emily loved the attention, and at one point, when Dad and Grandad were being silly and letting Emily wear Daddy's Boston Red Sox cap, I decided to snap a photo.  Although, I have to say, she looks like a little BOY in that hat!!  :)



2 comments:

Leah said...

your little girl is sooo cute. :) i have a one year old and he loves looking at all the lights this time of year. does she like books? im a consultant for usborne books which is an excellent kids book company. my son loves looking at them (and chewing them of course). if you'd be interested here's my website: ubah.com/u2831

if not, just know you have an adorable little girl. :D

Smith Family said...

Oh yea! More photos!! Keep 'em comin girlfriend! Of course she's adorable as always.