My friend Angie tagged me on her blog, and then another friend tagged me on Facebook with this "25 Random Things" - the idea being, you list 25 random things about yourself and then tag your friends to do the same. So, here goes!
1. I speak 3 languages - Russian, English, and German
2. My daughter Emily was born on Independence Day of the year I got my American citizenship - you think I was ever meant to live in America? :)
3. Contrary to most people's opinion, I am painfully shy.
4. I seriously considered a career in neurosurgery before I became obsessed with everything "language" (which brought me to this country, otherwise I would be digging in people's brains in Russia right now!)
5. I took ballet for 5 years as a kid. I was finally told I was too tall for professional ballet, which devastated me for years! I think it may have been the biggest disappointment of my entire childhood.
6. I am obsessed with the TV show "24" and everything Kiefer Sutherland.
7. I am a yes person - I can only say no to people I really love (backwards? probably!)
8. I love Texas summers. I will take 100 degree heat over rain, clouds, snow, sleet, ice, etc. any day!
9. I enjoy being on the beach but hate swimming.
10. Tex Mex is the only food I ever crave.
11. I met my first boyfriend in daycare when we were both 3 (of course, he did not become my boyfriend until several years later!)
12. In the 31 years of my life, I have only cooked 1 complete meal. I am lucky, my husband is an amazing cook!
13. I love ironing. I find it therapeutic.
14. I did not meet my best friend and "sister", Natasha, until I was 18. She was worth the wait!
15. My dream car is a pearly white BMW X-5.
16. I am addicted to chocolate.
17. I never went through a teenage rebellion stage. My Mom says I will rebel when I am 45.
18. I did not know what true love was until I met my wonderful husband.
19. I am a nerd and a bookworm, and will choose a good book over any other entertainment imaginable.
20. I can't stand yellow gold (on me, not on other people.)
21. I love flying, and traveling in general.
22. I am a huge fan of Macintosh computers, and will never buy a PC again.
23. My favorite colors are teal/aqua, and pink.
24. The best comfort food for me is home made mashed potatoes and pickles (yes, together.)
25. This year, my birthday will be 09/09/09 - I think that's WAY cool :)
Anyway......this was a lot of fun to do - thanks, Angie! I don't have a lot of friends that blog, so tagging someone else is hard, but Elizabeth S., if you'd like to try your hand at this, I'd love to read the 25 things I may or may not know about you!!