Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Things



My friend Angie tagged me on her blog, and then another friend tagged me on Facebook with this "25 Random Things" - the idea being, you list 25 random things about yourself and then tag your friends to do the same.  So, here goes!

1. I speak 3 languages - Russian, English, and German
2. My daughter Emily was born on Independence Day of the year I got my American citizenship - you think I was ever meant to live in America?  :)
3. Contrary to most people's opinion, I am painfully shy.
4. I seriously considered a career in neurosurgery before I became obsessed with everything "language" (which brought me to this country, otherwise I would be digging in people's brains in Russia right now!)
5. I took ballet for 5 years as a kid. I was finally told I was too tall for professional ballet, which devastated me for years! I think it may have been the biggest disappointment of my entire childhood.
6. I am obsessed with the TV show "24" and everything Kiefer Sutherland.
7. I am a yes person - I can only say no to people I really love (backwards?  probably!)
8. I love Texas summers. I will take 100 degree heat over rain, clouds, snow, sleet, ice, etc. any day!
9. I enjoy being on the beach but hate swimming.
10. Tex Mex is the only food I ever crave.
11. I met my first boyfriend in daycare when we were both 3 (of course, he did not become my boyfriend until several years later!)
12. In the 31 years of my life, I have only cooked 1 complete meal.  I am lucky, my husband is an amazing cook!
13. I love ironing.  I find it therapeutic.
14. I did not meet my best friend and "sister", Natasha, until I was 18. She was worth the wait!
15. My dream car is a pearly white BMW X-5.
16. I am addicted to chocolate.
17. I never went through a teenage rebellion stage.  My Mom says I will rebel when I am 45.
18. I did not know what true love was until I met my wonderful husband.
19. I am a nerd and a bookworm, and will choose a good book over any other entertainment imaginable.
20.  I can't stand yellow gold (on me, not on other people.)
21. I love flying, and traveling in general.
22. I am a huge fan of Macintosh computers, and will never buy a PC again.
23. My favorite colors are teal/aqua, and pink.
24. The best comfort food for me is home made mashed potatoes and pickles (yes, together.)
25. This year, my birthday will be 09/09/09 - I think that's WAY cool :)

Anyway......this was a lot of fun to do - thanks, Angie!  I don't have a lot of friends that blog, so tagging someone else is hard, but Elizabeth S., if you'd like to try your hand at this, I'd love to read the 25 things I may or may not know about you!!

No comments: