Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Beautiful......

Steve's Mom told us about a wonderful place that we went and saw today.  Around one week a year, each spring, a wealthy man opens his Preston Hollow estate's back yard (aka the most beautiful garden you will probably ever see in the city of Dallas!) to the public, for free. Steve, Granmom Betty, Emily, and I went there today and had a wonderful time. The place is breath-taking and absolutely spectacular. Next year, when Emily is older, we should go and bring a picnic lunch (that's allowed also - very generous people!!)  

Anyway....words fail me.....enjoy the pictures :)



























3 comments:

Smith Family said...

Absolutely beautiful! You'll have to give me info so I can make Mark take me.

Steve and Mary said...

It's open until March 24th....I think it opens at 10 am. Preston Hollow. The actual address is 5915 DeLoache. Cross street if Preston Hollow. Huge gate out front that is open....as opposed to the rest of the gates around :) Unbelievable!! You & Mark will love it. I told Mom (Betty) and Steve that I possibly like it even better than the Arboretum, and it would be a wonderful place for engagement or bridal pics. Anyway...if you get to go, enjoy!! :)

Miller Family said...

WOW!! That's pretty amazing! I can't believe that's someone's backyard. How pretty. I'll have to see about going next year. Great pictures!