Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Act of Kindness

This really has nothing to do with Emily, but I have to put this on here....  My Mom lost a filling in her tooth, and I had to take her to the dentist today.  I was dreading going, since obviously my Mom doesn't have American health insurance, and I wasn't sure how much this would cost.  Our dentist, Dr Kumar, and his entire team were so wonderful to my Mom, so welcoming, sweet, and kind, she instantly relaxed and stopped worrying.  The dentist fixed her tooth, and charged me....nothing.  Zero.  I am still trying to digest that.  In this day and age, with our slumping economy and people trying to make money any way they can, it's nice to realize that there are still people out there who are willing to perform and Act of Kindness and not expect anything for it.  It's an especially nice thought so close to Thanksgiving.  So this year, my Mom and I have an extra thanks in there - to Dr Kumar and his team.  Amazing.

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

AWESOME! That's a great thanksgiving story.