Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Activities

I cannot believe I had 4 days off, and they are already over - why does time fly so fast when you are enjoying what you are doing?  Back to work tomorrow....so I decided I better post this right now!!

My friend Elizabeth Breed Smith will enjoy these first two - Emily is really starting to like books.  So far, her favorites are books of colors and basic names of things, also "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle (Elizabeth's suggestion), and this Russian book that Emily is "reading" in the picture that my Mom brought from Vladimir.  I am excited Em likes books because I always have and do, and it's important to me that she appreciates books and learning - even though at the moment, it's mostly fun colors and trying to eat the books that appeal to her most!



Bath time - Steve was being silly today and tried to do a mohawk....didn't really work but you can see how long her hair is on the top of her head - she was born with it and still hasn't lost that top part.  We try to put bows in it but it's too thin for bows....oh well.  All in due time.




2 comments:

Miller Family said...

CUTE! I love the bath picture with her fingers in her mouth! That's so cute. She's growing so fast. I think books are great and it's never too early to start reading them. We do to Ellie and even do colors and numbers flash cards! :) Keep the posts coming.

Smith Family said...

YEA!!! BOOKS!!!! You know Hungry Caterpillar is one of my all time favorites! :-) She has such good taste! Love it!

I agree with your friend Angie Miller....keep the posts & photos coming. If I can't see her in person at least I can watch her some through your blog. :-)

PS. I updated our blog this afternoon with an interesting Jonah story... O the joys of motherhood!